Applications for the vertical garden plan, which was launched in Kerala by the State Horticulture Mission (SHM) as part of the Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture, may now be done online. The deadline for submitting an online application is March 1.
‘Arka’ Vertical garden
The Arka Vertical Garden’s major components are a one-square-meter base frame, main central support connected to the base frame, and supporters for pots/grow-bags, all of which are designed to accommodate 16 pots of various sizes and shapes at four different height levels. A 25-liter plastic container is put on top of the structure for storing water, and dripping laterals, microtubes, and drippers are used to irrigate the plants. Along with the structure, seeds and supplies for plant nutrition management and plant protection will be given. Chilli, brinjal, tomato, radish, legumes such as french beans and cluster beans, and green vegetables such as spinach, amaranthus, and coriander may all be grown.
Vertical Garden Scheme: Application Process and Eligibility conditions
The beneficiary must be a native of Corporation regions of the Ernakulam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Trichur, Kozhikode, and Kannur districts.
Beneficiary selection will be prioritized based on the date of application submission.
The Arka Vertical Garden Structure should not be utilized for anything other than the mentioned goal of the project.
The beneficiary must comply with regular inspection of the state Horticulture Mission for the project to be implemented effectively.
The selected beneficiaries must pay the State Horticulture Mission-Kerala the beneficiary contribution of Rs 5835/- (25 percent of the total cost) in advance.
The final beneficiary list for the provision of AVG structures will be established when the beneficiary payment is received in the State Horticulture Mission-Kerala bank account. The supply of structures will be divided into three slots, each with 110 units.
At the time of installation of the Arka Vertical Garden structure, the recipient must be present.
On the website www.shm.kerala.gov.in, applicants can submit their applications.
Subsidy on Vertical Garden
Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Kozhikode, and Kannur Corporations have planned to distribute 330 units in the fiscal year 2021-22. The cost of one unit is Rs 23,340. The SHM will provide 75% of the total sum, which is Rs 17,505. The recipient is responsible for the remaining 25% which is Rs 5,835).
Show your support to Agri-Journalism
Dear patron, thank you for being our reader. Readers like you are an inspiration for us to move Agri Journalism forward. We need your support to keep delivering quality Agri Journalism and reach the farmers and people in every corner of rural India.
Every contribution is valuable for our future.