I was honored to be one of the live production judges for the 2023 New Product Showcase at the International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE) in Atlanta, Georgia.
The New Product Showcase, found at Booth BC10119, features 34 innovative products at showcases.
On Tuesday, January 24, USPOULTRY will award “Best of the Best” plaques for the winners in three categories: animal food, processing and live production. These awards recognize outstanding exhibitors that distinguish themselves through an innovative technology – either product, service or operating technique – that advances the industry.
I evaluated the live production video submissions based on five judging categories:
- The innovation: Did this submission present a novel, original and compelling solution for an addressable need within the poultry industry.
- The market: Why is this innovation needed? What problem in the market does this fix?
- The value proposition: What does this submission offer that currently available solutions don’t? What value can it provide to stakeholders?
- The impact: What is the potential return on investment (ROI) for this innovation?
- Overall presentations: How creative and attention-grabbing is the overall message of the video?
My final scores were then combined with those of the other judge and used to determine the eventual winner.
Creative solutions to industry challenges
As the Managing Editor of the Poultry Future e-newsletter, through my work for the Poultry Tech Summit and (let’s not forget) self-professed science and technology nerd, I was super impressed with the creativity and innovation of the New Product Showcase submissions.
The nominations addressed numerous challenges in the poultry industry: the quest for improved sustainability throughout the supply chain, the need for better antibiotic alternatives and poultry health treatments and solutions, labor shortages, facilities management, ventilation issues and new ways to combat litter moisture. pests, invasive insects and pathogens.
I’m thankful for the opportunity and looking forward to learning who was named “best of the best!”